It’s hard to believe my little DIY blog is already a year old. It’s been interesting documenting
all most of my projects this past year. I still have about 15 or so to catch up on. I’ll get there. Slowly but surely.
I didn’t start this blog for readership. And I don’t make anything or post anything for the purpose of gaining more readers. I just make things and document how it went, including the things that didn’t work so well. I do this for me because it makes me happy. Making others happy along the way is an added bonus. Not only has starting this blog helped me to remember all the crazy things I get myself and Travis into, but I feel humbled by knowing I’ve helped out so many fellow DIYers. Nothing warms my crafty heart more than receiving photos of a finished project from an excited reader who followed my blog—someone I’ve helped save some money and time. This next year I’m going to keep doing my thing. A project here. A project there. Maybe two posts in a week, but not another until the next month. I’m sure you’ve realized by now that I’m unpredictable, a little nuts and I change my mind a lot. Mostly, I just plain love making things. I hope you tag along to see what’s coming up next.
What better way to celebrate than to eat waffles for breakfast this morning?
I have to say, these are the best waffles I’ve ever had. No boxed waffle mix for us anymore. I’m ruined for the good stuff now. It takes a lot longer to make them, but once you try them you’ll be hooked too. Check out this recipe I found at http://www.beurrista.blogspot.com.
In case you missed some of my projects, here’s a recap of the past year:
- DIY Chandelier Drum Shade
- Fireplace Makeover
- Wedding S’mores Bar
- Letterpress Love – DIY Wedding Invitations
- DIY Beaded Wedding Belt
- Sewing a Bay Window Seat Cushion
- Transferring a Printed Image to Wood
- How to Make Your Own Tablet
- Office Chair Makeover
- Old School Printmaking
- I bleed kitchens…seriously
- DIY Tufted Wingback Headboard
- How I Saved a Beaucoup on Wedding Centerpieces!
- Sunroom Redo… “I must have been insane when I agreed to this project.”
- Stretching Your Wedding Budget
- Quick, Easy and Cheap: How every wedding project should be
- Super Birthday #2!
- Fireplace Makeover: Part 2, The Hearth
- Semi-homemade Wedding Hairclip
- Yep… it’s another cushion: Rocking Chair Edition
- Oversized (wrong size) Baseball Jersey to Cute Fitted Jersey
- Nightstands: Building Up!
- Yard Makeover…finally!
- Peach Grilled [Cream] Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- DIY Metallic Pumpkins
- The Little Mermaid – Ariel Costume
- The Little Mermaid – Sebastian Costume
- Library Card Cabinet Redo
- Backyard Makeover: Instant Grassification
- The Beauty of a Rainbow | Baby Shower
- Oversized Paper to Wood Transfer: Method 2
As always, thanks for reading! Now go eat a waffle!